We are looking for
two coworkers (f/m/d) for PUNCH4NFDI@AIP
beginning from October 2021.
The PUNCH4NFDI consortium in the national research data infrastructure (Nationale Forschungs¬daten-infrastruktur, NFDI) is a consortium of more than 40 institutes devoted to research data management. The involved institutions work in one of the fields of particle physics, astroparticle physics, astronomy, and hadron & nuclear physics. They are members of the Helmholtz Association, the Leibniz Association, the Max Planck Society, or the university world. PUNCH4NFDI receives substantial funds from the DFG for initially 5 years and aims at bringing its expertise e.g. in “big data” and “open data”, in machine learning and data transformation to the next level and making it beneficial for the entire science system in Germany.
In the Supercomputing and E-Science section we work at the interface between excellent astrophysical research and modern IT systems and software. The section currently has four major work areas: data management and collaborative research environments (CRE), provision of efficient supercomputing and cloud facilities at AIP, development and implementation of Virtual Observatory standards, and development of software for data curation and publication of astronomical data.
Main focus of these positions will be developing and maintaining the contributions of AIP to the PUNCH4NFDI endeavor.
• Participation in building the science data platform and the data portal of PUNCH4NFDI
• Developing microservices for connecting workflows and resources of the PUNCH community
• Programming skills (python, C , C++ or other modern languages )
• Knowledge about webservices
• Academic degree in PUNCH sciences, math or computer sciences
• Ideally some experience in research data management
• Team oriented working style
• Good english language skills