Mechanical Engineer (m/w/d)
We are looking for a mechanical engineer to develop and support astronomical instrumentation projects in the Technical Seciton department as soon as possible. The successful candidate will primarily work on the 4MOST project in collaboration with the local project team and an extensive external partner network.
- Independent development of constructive solutions for precision mechanical component, assembly and individual solutions based on the functional and performance requirements for opto- and electromechanical systems using computer-aided programs (e.g. Autodesk Inventor® 3D CAD software) as well as the critical review of designs constructed by other parties.
- Analysis of the feasibility of the project objectives using engineering knowledge in the fields of precision mechanics, dynamics, materials and structures, thermodynamics, technical modelling including FEA (e.g. ANSYS), detailed tolerance analysis taking into account machine shop processes.
- Preparation of project-accompanying documents.
- Supporting assembly, integration and verification activities on manufactured components and assemblies.
- You have a degree in mechanical engineering or an equivalent qualification (e.g. Bachelor, Master in engineering or applied sciences, Dipl.-Ing. (FH)).
- You work in a structured and independent manner. Your way of working is coupled with a strong team spirit, high motivation and initiative.
- You are familiar with the EU Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC, as well as the drawing standard ISO 10110.
- You have at least two years professional experience in the above area of responsibility, in particular in the critical analysis and validation of designs, including finite element analyses, metrology and prototyping.
- You can fit well into an intercultural, multidisciplinary team.
- You have a good command of written and spoken English and German and can write necessary technical documentation and reports in both languages (e.g. using MS Office).
For more information, see: Mechanical Engineer
Apply for the job: Application Start